Monday, March 12, 2007

Regarding Books

I am in need of a little funishness. (I think I may have just created a word! - What is funishness? Foolishness that is fun of course!)

Found over at Rocks in my Dryer. Have you played along yet?

Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback? Mass Paperback - I loves me a deal!
Amazon or brick and mortar? Brick and Mortar to browse, and read a bit before I decide. I like finding the things I would never have thought to look for - know what I mean? Amazon if I know what I want and want and am willing to wait for that cheap-o price.
Barnes & Noble or Borders? Barnes & Noble - but I admit it's only because there's a Starbucks in there. When I get to escape for some me time - it's where I go for an uninterruped coffee treat and some book browsing - no little people to chase or pull down from the shelves. Bookmark or dogear? Bookmark - but can be anything from a clothes tag to, yes, sometimes I actually have a real bookmark.
Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? Title - when I can get to it. But the bookshelves are full right now - so they're actually stacked on my dresser, under the bed, beside the sofa....
Keep, throw away, or sell? KEEP. To a fault. I sometimes break down and sell, but then I inevitably look for it a few months later and regret it, even if I think I so done with it!
Keep dustjacket or toss it? Keep it.
Read with dustjacket or remove it? Remove.
Short story or novel? Both. Usually go for a good Novel for summertime. Short stories during busy times.
Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)? Collection. Once I find an author I really like, it's just a joy to read several stories by the same one.
Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
I really like Harry right now.
Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? When tired, but I'm infamous for not stopping and reading a book through during an all nighter. I very often regret it when I'm a zombie the next day.
“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? Once upon a time. I want a happy escape. I think my imagination is too creative, or disturbed maybe?, to read the dark and stormy nights.
Buy or Borrow? Both.
New or used? Both.
Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? Recommendation and browse.
Tidy ending or cliffhanger? Tidy ending. I need closure.
Stand-alone or series? I am really into series right now. I like when a good stories continues and follows the lives of the characters. Like Mitford - LOVE THAT SERIES.
Favorite series? Again, I say, MITFORD
Favorite children's book? Mexicali Soup - It's out of print and crazy ridiculous to buy on e-bay. I had one as a kid, and it got left behind when we moved. I'm still not over it.
Favorite books read last year? Finished the Mitford series.
Favorite books of all time? Pride and Prejudice.
Least favorite book you finished last year? Yeah, can't say I've finished a book I didn't like. If I don't like it, I usually toss it off and pick up something better.
What are you reading right now? Who God Peanut Butter on my Daily Planner?
What are you reading next? Having a Mary Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment