Saturday, October 09, 2004

Continuously Changing

Change is good. It keeps us on our toes. You should never get too comfortable. If you are, it's time for some change. It's time to be challenged. It's time for some growing.

Boy did I challenge myself today. I decided I wanted my blog to be 3-columned. Did that take some time! I learned a little html in college, but that was about 8 years ago now! It took a lot of digging, researching on the web and trial and error -- but I did it! Hurray for me!

I also changed the comments host, and in the process lost all my comments. How lonely my refurbished blog seems without the friendly comments gathered below my posts. Nevertheless, I'm happy with the changes and how my blog turned out.

I recently read an article by Joyce Meyer on the Price of Progress. One remark she made really stayed in my mind: "Sometimes God will ask us to even let go of something that is good in order to take hold of the thing that is best. Remember, you cannot go where you want to go and stay where you are."

Often, when God is prompting Christians to make a change, it's not always to leave behind a sin or bad habit, it's to leave our comfort zone and take a step of faith. Leaving behind a ministry or maybe even a church where we know everyone, our ministry is going well, and there is great growth can be downright scary.

Pastor's are often called to go work in churches where the members are few and the need is great. You may be called to leave behind a fun youth ministry or peaceful ladies group to minister to the sick or troubled. But believing that God is in control and knowing Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thought and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome." How can we resist a promise of greater blessings from the Lord?

So, if you're contemplating a change somewhere in your life. Get on your knees in prayer and let God guide you. I'm sure you'll be happy about the change as well.

Isaiah 43:18: Do not remember the former things; neither consider the things of old. Let go of the old and make room for the new!

No comments:

Post a Comment