Friday, June 10, 2005

Just Breath

I can breath again! That horrible cough that I was struggling with last weekend? Turns out it was bronchitis - that was a complete first for me and it was just awful. I didn't know that it quite literally takes your breath away! And oh how I just wanted to sleep! I was certainly down for the count, and I struggled with it all the way.

When I finally broke down and accepted it, going to the doctor that is and missing work, I quite literally broke down. Like a little kid that doesn't feel well I just felt the tears welling up in my eyes. My doctor must think I'm a total wimp, yes I cried in her office - just that much concern and concentration on just me for that little bit made me a blubbering fool trying to put up a brave front.

Hmpf! It's actually quite amusing now.

A load of medication to help me during, through, and past it - and I'm finally feeling close to normal again. Thank you Lord! How glorious it is to just be able to breath again. Thank God he values us so. I remember watching my girls breath when we first brought them home from the hospital. Breathing was such a miracle and I could just watch them do that - sleep, taking in deep healthy breaths - forever. I'm thinking God feels the same way when he watches over us. Each breath must fill him with pride - at least that's what I hope.

Anyway, some fun for a Friday night, from Steph:





Your Inner European is Italian!



Passionate and colorful.
You show the world what culture really is.


( I could have told you that without the quiz... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment