Thursday, September 16, 2004

Snap Crackle Crunch

Potpourri of thoughts on autumn:

I love autumn. It is hands down my favorite season.

Brisk mornings when the warm yellow glow of the sun reaches through the chill and lights up the turning leaves on the trees. Burning red, yell out loud yellows all reveling in their prime. Singing out their last song, crying out thier glory in their last moments of being.

Isn't it amazing how clear and blue a cool, cloudless sky can be?

Our lawn is already sprinkled with fallen leaves. I look forward to the crisp crunch of fallen leaves under my feet. The distinct swooshing of newly piled leaves as children leap through them.

I find the fall to be so comforting. There's nothing like the feel of a warm sweater, the scents of hot coffee brewing and pumpkin pie in the oven, or the anticipation of the holidays to come.

Harvest time is the greatest of times. Thoughts of family, celebrations and delicious treats from nature all come to mind when I think of autumn.

Little feet running through pumpkin patches. Little hands picking an apple for the first time. The snap of a crisp juicy apple when it's first bitten.

Hmmm...such yummy thoughts. My favorite time of year, definitely.

Cool quote. Words I live by in the fall:
"Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie." -Jim Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment