Saturday, October 30, 2004

Toddler: 1; Mommy: 0 - God help me!

A prayer by Cheri at Women at Home.

Becoming a Praying Parent

Lord, I submit myself to You. I realize that parenting a child in the way You would have me to is beyond my human abilities. I know I need You to help me. I want to partner with You and partake of Your gifts of wisdom, discernment, revelations, and guidance. I also need Your strength and patience, along with a generous portion of Your love flowing through me. Teach me how to love the way You love. Where I need to be healed, delievered, changed , matured, or made whole, I invite You do do that in me. Help me to walk in righteousness and integrity before You. Teach me Your ways, enable me to obey Your commandments and do only what is pleasing in your sight. --Amen

The righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him. Proverbs 20:7

It's been one of those days for me. My toddler has been crying, whining and screaming all day and it just all pushed me to the edge. So I put her in her room, closed her door, sat in the living room, cried for a minute, prayed for a minute, took a deep breath and started over.

That's not to say that I didn't turn into "Shreek" the Ogre before I gathered myself and did all of that.*Sigh* So I logged onto Women at Home in hopes of some encouragement and found this prayer by Cheri.

It just completely filled the ache in my heart so I thought I'd share it here.






No comments:

Post a Comment