Friday, November 05, 2004

My obsession: Carbs

About a week ago I decided that I need to get on a diet regimen. I've admitted before that carbs are my addiction. I am enticed by the smell of baking bread. Pasta, rice and potatoes all call to me. And with my latest pregnancy, I developed quite a sweet tooth that is no longer offset by a human garbage disposal in my belly to use up some of those calories.

So I've decided to nip the problem in the bud. I recently listened to a tape on the South Beach Diet which recommends cutting out carbs for two weeks, then adding back good carbs thereafter. I decided I was going to try it.

It's been going well so far, but yesterday as I mentioned here, I baked. My excuse: I had to try the apple pie if I planned on freezing a bunch of them to serve to other people. I couldn't trust hubby's opinion - he always says everything is good. He'll eat anything. So I fell off the wagon.I haven't lost hope though. I plan to stick this out before the holidays come and things get out of control, as they usually do. Did I mention I love stuffing? I could just skip the turkey. Give me stuffing - cornbread, wild rice - hmm, I can smell it now.

So you see, I have to nip this in the bud. Planning on adding a blog to the sidebar where I'll check in daily to keep myself on track. I'm on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment