Sunday, December 26, 2004

Bittersweet

Christmas was very nice - everything it should be. Gifts, family, food.

And today some horrible news, some sad news - all that leave me stunned and speechless. I wish I had words to make sense of such things. I wish I could reason. For what purpose?

Why?

Why?

Why??

Asia So many families. So much loss. So much sadness. God have mercy. Restore. Give peace.

Reggie Poor wife. Poor Children. Too close to home. God give them strength. Embrace them.


I cannot make sense of it. I can't even begin to. I go to my God for consolation. Like a frightened and confused child, I seek His embrace - only He knows. I know He knows. That's all I know right now.

He's in control. I'm safe in His arms. May the whole world feel YOUR embrace tonight.

Psalms 46:1: God is our refuge and strength,a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam,though the mountains tremble at its swelling.

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment