Thursday, December 30, 2004

Adjusting

So if you're wondering where I've been, this week I started my new job - and the girls and I are in an adjustment period.

New schedule, new routines, new clothes, new people, new places - and, to top it off, my dear little Ms. Baby developed a cold last night about a day after getting the second half of her flu shot - phew! It's been a whirlwind. Thank heavens it's a short week and tonight we can be a bunch of lazy bones.

I also caved in and agreed to help out the church with the General Treasury. How did that happen you may ask? Well, after a sort of musical chairs of church positions, we found that the person currently doing the job was not happy doing it and wasn't doing it very well - something that really came to light as he/we were struggling to get year-end stuff done. He was, however, a very good candidate for another position, one that he had in the past, but had moved away from to fill the Treasury position when it became vacant.

So where there is a need - there I am. I am the most qualified to get things back in order and done in a reliable and efficient manner. And while I really didn't want to take this on - I know I'll just end up having to help clear up the mess anyway, so I figured I might as well just take care of it again - for now anyway.

Debating whether I should try to take my little ones to the New year's Eve service - it goes until midnight. But am leaning against it. Hmmm...

Going to order some Pizza now (hurray!) - the troops are hungry.

In the meantime - this is going around and though it would be fun..

A) Recommend to me:
1. a movie.
2. a book.
3. a musical artist, song, or album.

B) Ask me three questions. Ask me anything you want.

C) Now go to your blog (if you have one), copy and paste this, and allow everyone to ask you the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment