Friday, January 28, 2005

I'm still here!

I'm still here!

In case you were wondering. I couldn't believe it's been a week and 1/2 since I last posted! As you may or may not know, my MIL had a stroke - oh about two weeks ago now. Actually, she had two - and we, not even she, realized it until she suddenly couldn't walk and started talking slurred and her mouth started twisting to the side.

The scary thing is, she was taking care of my two little princesses. Thank God, 'cause he sure is in control, that nothing serious happened to them or her while she was home alone with them.

So, she's been in and out of the ICU, in and out of the hospital and is now home recovering. Doctor's say however, that she won't be back to herself for about 6 months. She's in physical therapy, and is using a walker.

Yes, that means we were on the hunt for a daycare/preschool suddenly - any other options were, well, just not comfortable options.

So my sweet little girls started daycare/preschool this week - and it has been an adjustment to say the least. Ms Toddler, who I thought would take to it all like a fish to water seeing that she loves kids and school-like settings, has gone on a hunger strike and makes sure to let her mommy know each morning that she is not happy.

Of course, right after I leave, she's fine and having fun with kids - she even tells me so, and her teachers have taken pictures of her during the day which proves it. But she continues her hunger strike, refusing to touch her food at school, instead waiting until she gets home to demand food with all the whininess a 2 year old can muster.

Miss Baby, however, has been an angel through it all. Very cooperative. Smiling. And apparently thoroughly enjoying having other babies her age to play with, new toys - oh and she loves the food, by the way.

I'm exhausted. Thank heaven we have good friends coming this weekend. They're always a tremendous inspiration to us. We are always a little happier after seeing them.

If you're reading this, pray for my girls - and me! - we need God to give us peace through this adjustment.

And I won't stay away so long again....if I can help it!

Oooohh! And I received my first pair of socks today from Misty! Perfect timing!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment