Monday, May 16, 2005

Its my Birthday

Wow!I'm 30 years old today!

I feel like I've just climbed a hill. The climb up has been full of such big expectations. Getting to 30 seemed like a big deal. But I realize I've only climbed a foothill and there's still a very large mountain ahead. Don't they say that 40 is the new 30, or something like that? I certainly expected to feel like I was going over the hill, but now that I look at the horizon, well I know that's not true - thank God! phew! HUGE sigh of relief.


Honestly, I wish I had some words of wisdom to share on this day to go along with all of the white hairs that seem to literally be springing up from my head - why do those suckers stick out so much? But honestly, I don't feel very wise. Actually I nearly feel overwhelmed by what I don't know yet. But isn't that suppose to be the beginning of wisdom? So maybe there's hope for me yet.

Actually, through my roaring 20's, okay they weren't very ROAR, but I believe all of my overconfidence, not my confidence, just the over part that makes you jump into things too quickly, makes you prideful, and also has you believing you can do it all and do it all without the help or advise of all those white-haired folks who swear to you that they've been there and done that - has pretty much diminished.

That's not to say I don't have some foolishness left in me, I am the mom of two very young toddlers so me and foolishness aren't complete strangers yet, but my point is, I'm enjoying the view from the top of my little foothill. I have a long way to go and I look forward to the journey.

PROVERBS

8:1 Does not wisdom call?
Does not understanding raise her voice?
2 On the heights beside the way,
at the crossroads she takes her stand;
3 beside the gates in front of the town,
at the entrance of the portals she cries aloud:
4 “To you, O men, I call,
and my cry is to the children of man.
5 O simple ones, learn prudence;
O fools, learn sense.
6 Hear, for I will speak noble things,
and from my lips will come what is right,
7 for my mouth will utter truth;
wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
8 All the words of my mouth are righteous;
there is nothing twisted or crooked in them.
9 They are all straight to him who understands,
and right to those who find knowledge.
10 Take my instruction instead of silver,
and knowledge rather than choice gold,
11 for wisdom is better than jewels,
and all that you may desire cannot compare with her.

12 “I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
and I find knowledge and discretion.
13 The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil.
Pride and arrogance and the way of evil
and perverted speech I hate.
14 I have counsel and sound wisdom;
I have insight; I have strength.

20 I walk in the way of righteousness,
in the paths of justice

No comments:

Post a Comment