Saturday, September 03, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Ahh! We are home for a weekend of catching up.

Last weekend we took the girls on their first "camping" trip. Ok, not truly camping. We rented a small cabin at Yogi Bear's Jellystone park. Yes, yes, very commercial. But just right for an intro to camping with a preschooler and a toddler. At least in my book.

All went well and great fun was had by all. Ms. Chatterbox nearly turned into a fish, she stayed so long in the water. Smores, old outdoor Yogi cartoons, dancing, campfires, songs. It was good, a good weekend. Busy but relaxing. I had nearly forgotten you could use the two in the same sentence.

So we're trying to catch up this weekend. Laundry, housework, shopping. All the errands that were put off for over a week. It's a good weekend to stay in, I don't necessarily want to head out on a road trip like I often do on holiday weekends - too much OUCH on the wallet.

And this weekend, every little thing - like eating breakfast, curling up in bed, pulling weeds out of my modest garden - seems to be a bigger blessing than usual. When I think about and see the poor, and poorest, victims of the hurricane struggling to survive today, I'm just so very thankful for simple things in life that we too often take for granted.

My heart and prayers go out to the victims. Especially the little ones. I pray that they feel the arms of God wrapped around them today , and hope that they will all find a warm bed, hot food and clean water tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment