Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas time is here!

I found my christmas spirit today!

And that was a feat considering how many of my co-workers ugly christmas monster heads appeared today with the - what if, and we have to's and can we's, and why can't we's blah-dee-blah-dee blah. Really it was too gloomy, even for a Monday. But in the midst of it all I suddenly realized: Christmas is coming! and I got that warm, fuzzy, slightly giddy feeling -sort of like when the Grinch's heart grows three sizes at the end of the story. Yep, kind of like that.

Could it be my first cup of eggnog (lowfat even) last night brought out my holiday happiness? Could be.

Could it be because this week is choc-full of holiday events - like dinner with friends, family night at the christmas light park, holiday office exchanges...? Probably.

Could it be that today, officially with that last shipment I was waiting for, my christmas shopping is completely done? VERY LIKELY.

Could it be that seeing christmas through the eyes of little girls, with sparkles in their eyes, smiles that go ear to ear, and pure wonder and amazement at everything about Christmas time is refreshing and makes it all the more enjoyable? I think so.

I'm so glad my christmas spirit finally arrived! Usually it's here right after Thanksgiving, and I was wondering what was taking so long. Am so enjoying my advent book, and christmas cookies, and christmas carols, and holiday movies - and so excited my christmas vacation starts soon and me and the girlies can have our birthday party for Jesus, with cake and streamers, hang out in our PJ's and sleep until we want to wake up.

Sheer joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment