Sunday, September 03, 2006

Paella




Tried a new recipe today. As usual I didn't completely follow the recipe and changed a few ingredients, and YUM! It was delicious. My house smells so good.

So for once I'm documenting exactly what I did so I can recreate it. With a pic! Try it. You'll like it.

PAELLA

3 cloves garlic crushed
1/2 tsp red pepper
2 cups white rice
3c chicken broth
1 packet sazon (I like Goya )1 bay leaf
4 boneless, chicken breasts cut in strips
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3/4 lb chorizo (mexican sausage), uncooked
1lb shrimp
1c frozen peas

In 2 tbsp of olive oil, sweat garlic, add rice, red pepper and sazon & saute briefly. Add 3c chicken broth and bay leaf. Cover and simmer until rice is fully cooked. Remove bay leaf & add peas, cover.

While rice is cooking, in skillet, brown chicken, season with salt & pepper to taste. Add bell pepper, onion and chorizo. Cook chorizo through. Add 1lb cooked shrimp. Add cooked rice blend. Cover and remove from heat to let flavors blend about 10 minutes.

Garnish with fresh parsley.
MMMM...good.

No comments:

Post a Comment