Sunday, September 11, 2011

Yes, Peas!

Ok, first this post has nothing to do with peas, although there is absolutely nothing wrong with peas, really - go eat some fresh snap peas right now, just do it.

What this is about is a new cookbook that I recently nabbed , Peas and Thank You.



I am slowly easing my family over to a primarily vegetarian diet. We're at about 80/20 right now. But with the transition the consumption of cheese in my house has become nearly obscene. And since that stuff is pretty much saturated fats, well we're not getting anywhere. Most requested in my house is mac and cheese. And boxed or homemade variety, several times a week is just not going to happen.

I am beside myself over her mac and cheese recipe. I have tried to pull the switcheroo on the kids before, and since they are connoisseurs of mac and cheese, have not had anything close to success. But Mrs Pea has saved the day - this stuff is AMAZING, and sooo easy to make, which for a busy mom is sometimes first when you're running to swim lessons, dance lessons, music lessons, church groups.....yeah, busy!

If you don't believe me, try it - you can find it here in all its creamy loveliness. Comfort food indeed.

Want something else to try to use up all that garden zucchini coming out of your ears? Zucchini Quinoa Lasagna is another recipe that surprised me, and is no less delish! I substituted brown rice, just 'cause I had a batch of leftovers that we needed to finish up, but I am sure with quinoa it is incredible!

As my 3 year old would say - there's a party in my tummy! so yummy, so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment