Friday, August 26, 2011

Fairwell Summer

As usual the summer was a whirlwind, so welcome, so busy and leaving us all too quickly. The days are getting shorter, the nights are getting cooler and the tree's are showing hints of the dazzling display they'll put on before taking they're long sleep over winter.


To be honest, I'm not a warm weather gal. Unlike all my latina humidity loving, sun worshipping cousins, I am a true midwest girl that endures summer days just for the glorious, crisp, cool fall that follows.

But this year has been different. Maybe because I wasn't knee deep in baby gear, diapers and well let's just admit it, chaos. Maybe it's because I didn't give two hoots about how my overgrown flower garden looked compared to my retired neighbors perfectly placed and manicured space. Maybe it's because we packed up the cooler almost every weekend and spent our days on the beach, in a state park or visiting family.

I have to admit that this year I am actually sad to see summer go. So long summer, it was a great season.

No comments:

Post a Comment