Monday, October 04, 2004

Plans and Goals

Inspired by the The Prattling Pastor's Wife and the book The Power of a Positive Woman, I realize I need to formally set some personal goals and to put into writing a plan of action.

I' ve never been one for new year commitments, but I have several hopes and plans for my life just floating around in my mind that I would like to set to paper so that I can hold myself accountable.

This year I feel as though I've been clearing up clutter, both in my household and in my life. Something I never before had time for being overly extended in ministry, career, and motherhood. But with the opportunity to stay home with my girls these past few months I've been able to find some relief cleaning out the cobwebs in my life.

I want to further this process by setting some tangible goals and writing them down here. I plan to focus on the following areas that the book, mentioned above, specifies. Five areas that include:

1. Mental
2. Physical
3. Spiritual
4. Social
5. Career (I'd like to call this one Industry as PPW does in her blog)

I'd like to add the following as well:

6. Parenting
7. Marriage
8. Homemaking
9. Service

I plan to expand on these further in the next few weeks so that they're in place for the new year.

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" Philippians 3:13-14

2 comments:

  1. I've been feeling this smae way. The fall of the year always gets me charged for some reason. Blessings as you sort out the clutter in your life. I'm anxious to read your account of hwo things are going with your life and the church. I'll keep checking! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I look forward to your future posts on this topic. Thanks for the link, too. See you soon...

    ReplyDelete