Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year!

It's just me and the munchkins. About to put Miss Baby down for the night, and will let Ms. Toddler stay up a bit later, cuddle and eat popcorn - her favorite right now.

This year was a good year for me personally. I'm not sure I've been able to say that about any year for a while now. But God blessed me with Miss Baby - who is the sweetest, most cuddly baby ever - and granted me my greatest wish: to stay at home with my sweet little girls - for nearly the entire year. That was great.

I also re-established a regular devotion time and had a chance to get back on track with my personal readings, bible studies and all the good stuff that comes with it.

This year was the year of a long put off and much needed reflection, renewal, regeneration and refreshing period.

Thank you God for 2004. Blessings on you all, and here's to a fabulous 2005.


Answers to some of your questions:

Three questions from Steph (Happy Birthday today, by the way!):

1. Are you a winter or summer person? Neither, I love the fall! The colors, the food, the perfect cozy sweater & jeans wearing temperatures, the back-to-school feelings...I can go on and on. But if I have to pick between winter and summer, I'd say winter 'cause I figure, I can always put more clothes on to get warmer, but I cannot take the heat - and getting n*ked to cool off just isn't socially acceptable - nor would it be a pretty sight!! Good thing I live in Wisconsin.

2. What are you New Year's Eve & Day plans? I've had several in the past few days. First, they were to go home for the weekend and attend several family get togethers that are a tradition for my family on Eve and Day. Eve, my father's family usually has a mini-family reunion, sing-a-long, sometimes spontaneous service - most of my family is musically inclined - which lasts until about 4am. Then Day is a family dinner with mom's family in the P.M. once everyone pulls themselves out of bed. But weather is not going to be great for traveling, which ruined plan B which was going to be my best friend and her family coming from out of town to spend the weekend with us. Plan C was go to New Year's Eve worship service, then go to sister in law's for a midnight potluck BUT Miss Baby is still dealing with her cold, and such a late night seems cruel for a toddler and baby, and so we girls are staying in and having a little New Years Eve slumber party - starting now! (okay that, I'm sure, is more than you wanted to know :)

3. What are you looking forward to in the next few months? A trip, project, etc I'm looking forward to going to 2 retreats. One is our annual women's retreat which I've missed the past two years because of pregnancies/newborns. The second is a faith retreat with the christian radio staff where I'm now working.


And from Heather:
1. What is your fave thing about each daughter? Ms. Toddler - it's her giggle, her helpful nature and her strong will (that could be a big blessing in the future - although at 2, it's not always the greatest to deal with :). Miss Baby - it's her sweet nature, her patience, her observance. I could go on and on...

2. What is your fave thing about blogging? I like having a record of my ups, downs, and all the little things a mom can get excited about. I also like being a part of an online community and shouting out to the world.

3. What are your New Years Plans? To put the answer to Steph's #2 above in one word: Relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment