Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Playing Hooky

Hubby and I played hooky the other day. All by ourselves we:

Sat and talked, uninterrupted, in a coffee shop. I actually finished my coffee while it was warm and didn't have to share my bagel with two little munchkins.

We browsed at the christian bookshop for nearly 2 hours. Soo goood! Hubby and I each treated ourselves to a book. Mine is the MOP's devotional bible. Love it! My old one is a KJV, and although I wanted a NKJV, the NIV is such an easy read, it's hard to complain.

We then had lunch at Curly's Pub at Lambeau Field ( I owed hubby a birthday dine-out as is our tradition) it was yummy. Again, we ate leisurely, and talked and talked. No children to juggle and feed, while trying to scarf our food down so the other diners won't shoot us looks.

We nearly went to see a movie, but it was Miss Baby's birthday, so we went shopping for her present and got her a pretty little cake for her mid-afternoon by invitation only family birthday party ;)

Cool stuff.

So I've been thinking there are so many little things that hubby does that makes him just plain good at being, well, hubby. Little things that can get overlooked, and sometimes unappreciated. So here's a list of some of the little things that I really love that he does, that mostly go unnoticed until one day, by some fluke, he forgets.

For instance,

He makes me coffee - every morning.
He makes sure we're stocked up on diet soda.
He's in charge of breakfast, always.
He does laundry.
He irons his own clothes. (and mine sometimes too!)
He wipes the girls noses.
He changes the stinky diapers.
He warms up the car for me in the morning (awesome on winter mornings when you live in Wisconsin).
He entertains the girls so I can watch Gilmore Girls, in semi-peace.
He prays for me and the girls - constantly.
He loves me - and that's not so easy.
He's not a perfect hubby or daddy, but he's doing his best. You can't ask for much more than that.


Oh! and we are 3 nights and counting on Miss Baby and Ms Toddler sleeping in their own room! I haven't slept so well in months! and I even get to cuddle at night with hubby now! So very sweet! But sshhh, not too loud or I could jinx it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment