Monday, August 13, 2007

Kindergarden Here I Come

Girlie 1 started her summer school course - getting ready for Kindergarden. It was a big day for us all.

Girlie's 1 & 2 and I went down to the elementary school to get our big girl started on the school days chapter of her life.

I think I was more nervous than Girlie 1. Although, when it came time to starting class, she did need me to hang out a bit while she got comfortable. But that didn't take too long.

I think I was more concerned. Being used to day care and the sign-in's and outs, and the locked down nature of the place. Well, even though they do lock down the school, I couldn't help but be a little worried. And the way they just walk the kids out. Now it's good that the teachers walk out and stay outside until it's all clear to keep an eye on the kids - I just am not accustomed to it. Overprotective? Yes, I know. I can't help it.

Poor Girlie 2 was all shook up by the whole event. Being separated from your sister for the first time is hard to understand. And why she couldn't start a new school, or stay at Kindergarden - well, she didn't like it one bit.

She refused to get out of the van at day care. And poor girlie cried, a first, when I left her with her teacher.

Ultimately, I was very, very late for work. Which wasn't too horrible. I needed a short day after that - I was exhausted.

Like I said, a very big day for all. The girlies were of course overtired and are now very much asleep. Big Big Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment