Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hello God

The last few months have been a struggle. I've had some strange health issues and medical tests that were telling some threatening stories. It's challenging to do daily life, when doubt is whispering in your ear morning noon and night.

Last week I got a tune up aka triple surgery, that layed me down. God bless my hubby who has taken on this household and me with the strength of a 100 soldiers and angels. He's been my lifeline, my spiritual mentor, my friend and dear dear hubby through a time that I chose to keep to myself.

It was my trial, it was ours and if God wanted to deal with us through this - then he was going to and we would take it on - despite the faucet that had suddenly turned on inside me and would NOT stop. I am not one to shed a tear - loved ones have come and gone, we've suffered losses and sickness - and tears are just not how I deal, but WHOA who turned on the water works during this one. I can't stop them. I literally cry everywhere - in the car, in the yard, at a service, when I'm happy, when I'm said, when I'm tired...in all things I am CRYING!

But I know God has been calling me. I KNOW IT, and I've been pretending I couldn't hear. There I said it. I'm sorry. So sorry.

But I finally looked up. I acknowledged it. That's all he wanted..I think. He's getting us ready for a shift. Bring it. Bring it.

I think that's why Isaiah is speaking to me lately. With all the world spinning every which way, Isaiah is grounding me. Like today...one of the lovely blog ladies I read posted this one: but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

LOVING IT.

And this one:

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me [Jesus]…to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and opening of the prison to those who are bound…to comfort all who mourn and provide for those who grieve...…to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor.” (Isaiah 61:1-3)

Powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment