Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lest we forget

Praying gives sense, brings wisdom, and broadens ...the mind. We can learn more
in an hour praying, when praying indeed, than from many hours of rigorous study.
~ Edward M. Bounds


In the midst of our frustrations, confusion, and anxiety, and in the tide of our excitement, joys and dreams..we cannot forget to pray. Sometimes our emotions overtake us. Our pride tells us that we can do this alone. But we cannot.

The truth is we need God. I need God. In every moment, in every up and in every down, I need God's grace and peace to be my anchors so that I'm not swept away by the current of despair, so that I do not hold myself too high.

I will do what is possible, what is required of me, but the impossible I leave to God. I cannot ever confuse the two. That would be my end.

No comments:

Post a Comment