Friday, March 12, 2010

God is Good. I am Blessed

I am thankful. Thankful because God's plan is so great, and I am a part of it. Even though I don't understand everything, don't know why we have to live in frustration, get through sicknesses, financial troubles, and other difficulties, I TRUST that God is still in control and his plans and hopes for me are still in place.

I am thankful, because just when we get through a crossroads, another appears. And when the road is dark and foggy ahead, and we hesitate - suddenly out of the haze he sends a friend, a comfort, a mentor. What seems like a detour from OUR plans, is really just God making our paths straight.

I am thankful, because even when we think we can do it all on our own, our father lovingly shows us we cannot, should not and will not.

He has plans for us. Great plans. And despite ourselves, he will not be deterred or delayed. Regardless of the distractions we get caught up in, the fears we surrender to and the doubts we entertain, He is still on time.

He is the same. Yesterday, today and tomorrow. In that knowledge alone I trust for my renewal, restoration and the blessings he has in store for me.

God is Good. I am Blessed.


Not that I have now attained this ideal... but I press on to lay hold of and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus has laid hold of me and made me His
own.I do not consider that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but
one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what
lies ahead, I press... on toward the goal to win the prize to which God in
Christ Jesus is calling us upward. Phil 3:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment