Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Love for everyone

It's been a while since I've been to my little blog.

Hmmm. I really need a new start to my posts.

I always intend to blog more often, but it seems like as soon as I say it I run into some life turmoil or massive writer's block. If nothing else, my blog has become snapshot perspectives that give me a clue when I am in desperate need of one.

So what have I been pondering lately? Love.

That's right, its a big one. Probably triggered by this AMAZING song that I've been swimming in the past few months. I realized lately how much I've been telling people I love them. Very uncharacteristic for me. I am usually very very very - you get it - slow and reserved about opening up, taking people in and pouring over them.

Yet lately it's like some the dam has sprung a leak, starts out just a trickle and suddenly I am GUSHING all over people. Very random. Very uninspired. Just a surge of feelings and a burst of words, with the occasional hug.

Awkward? Uncomfortable?

For me, yes.
Maybe others too.
But mostly?
No.
Surprising.

It's amazing how receptive others are to encouragement, optimism, comfort, a smile, a hug, a sliver of light in what can be a terrible day, a tough season, a harsh and scary world.

And yet we're so reluctant to give, share, love ...because we don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, or worse yet - we don't want to seem "strange"

But Love IS sTranGe. By definition it's astonishing, astounding, remarkable, curious, exceptional, marvelous, amazing. Thank God it's strange!

He has placed some extraordinary people in my life over this past year that have demonstrated this strangeness over and over again. They humble me, they inspire me, they bless me as they demonstrate love and grace in various facets. They have shown me the most intimate, beautiful, wondrous and crucial essence in the message of salvation, the heart of God!

Their outpouring of love clued me in to the source, and has birthed my own spring. Its contagious. It's all consuming. There's enough for everyone.

It's holy week. The same power that conquered the grave is thicker and more tangible this week as we all focus on the victory of the cross. Someone you know needs to encounter the love of God today. Someone somewhere is desperate for this life saving message.

Get a little strange. Be extraordinary for someone this week. Share the love. Please.


"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love. I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." - I Corinthians 13: 1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment