Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Musing

 

Have I mentioned how much I love Sunday's?  On Sunday's I am literally in the deep of God's grace.  Surrounded with God's people, consumed by and swept away in worship, with His words penetrating my heart, mind and soul. 

In the glass bowl of Sunday morning, its like I'm underwater.  The noise of the world is muffled, the calm and peace and beauty of God and all his creation envelopes me. 

The world makes sense.  My path is clear, and destination is in sight.  I know He loves me.  I am fully aware of His plans and promises for me.  I believe Him and trust Him.

But somehow in the valley of the week, I can get lost in the busyness and challenges of my daily responsibilities.  Fatigued and discouraged, I soon find myself sitting along the side of the road, having lost sight of Him.  And every week He seeks me out, again.  He calls me to his house, even when I'm reluctant, tired and just plain stubborn.

Then He restores me.  He surrounds me with His love, reminds me who I am in Him and sends me out again.

I love my Father's house!

Let not your hearts be troubled. Trust in God: trust in me also. In my Father's house there are many resting-places. John 14:1-2

"You are the Shepherd Giving what I could not afford, Leaving the many You sought to find me Lord. I will remember You are the reason for my song, Blessed Redeemer You love me as Your own. In the deep of Your grace, All my sins are washed away. Here I know the power of forgiveness, Here I know the power of Your blood. All I am will I lay down, All I have before Your cross Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment