Thursday, April 05, 2012

Holy Thursday

This is it.  We are on the eve of THE weekend.  
It's HUGE.

In the span of three days we will journey across the spectrum of reason and emotion.

Great sorrow and remorse,
denial and repentance,
reflection and contemplation,
great thanksgiving and celebration.

My heart is humbled and contrite.
I am overwhelmed.
So grateful.  So thankful.
Everything He did
was for me
and for you.

He'd do it again.
Not because I deserved it. 
Not because I am worthy.
Just pure unconditional love,
mercy, grace, sacrifice and power.

He truly is an awesome God.


I thank you, Lord Jesus, for becoming a human being
so I do not have to pretend or try to be God.
I thank you, Lord Jesus, for becoming finite and limited
so I do not have to pretend that I am infinite and limitless.
I thank you, crucified God, for becoming mortal
so I do not have to try to make myself immortal.
I thank you, Lord Jesus, for becoming inferior
so I do not have to pretend that I am superior to anyone.
I thank you for being crucified outside the walls,
for being expelled and excluded like the sinners and outcasts,
so you can meet me where I feel that I am,
always outside the walls of worthiness.
- Fr. Richard Rohr

No comments:

Post a Comment